Monday 18 July 2011

Garden photos no1.. The back garden

Come on in... As requested - More garden photos. All this week I shall do a series of Garden photos
Today . The Back garden ...

Potted History-
I grew up here ,born here in fact. My mum died when I was 7 and so I was brought up by my father. I keep moving but returning and came back to look after him when he got ill . I worked at a Herb farm and became hooked on plants . I started to bring the garden back to life -20 odd years ago now. There have been a lot of changes , mistakes and money spent! Lots of lessons learned over the years and a natural style has evolved. The garden is an eclectic mix of perennials,grasses and structural plants . Scent is very involved too . All the paths are brick edged (using them from the old walls that used to surround the perimeter. Pea gravel under foot and no grass whatsoever-no moving! Lots of grass paths and a huge lawn have been culled over the years and I have never regretted it-I love gravel it shows up the plants and maintenance free . I try to have interest and colour all year round. The colour scheme sutle pinks ,silvers etc. I shall talk about colour and plants another day.
Please feel free to ask me any questions.












3 comments:

jill said...

Hi what a lovley garden you have,I would love a big garden to fill with flowers but only have a small space but its nice.Love Jill xx

Loris Glassworks said...

Oh my gosh! Your garden is lovely, I am so envious of your space. I'm a garderner, but on a much smaller scale. Thanks for sharing your garden. Cheers!
Lori

Unknown said...

What a fabulous garden twinks. So so pretty and magical. Must be heavenly babs?!? Loves Ionwen X